FOX19 Sports: Cincinnati's Sports Leader

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jersey Boys

First off... question for Joe. Do you own any normal clothes?

My list is short and sweet.
1980 Tony Dorsett. Loved that one. Cowboys home whites with the shiny blue #33. Plus... had the Dorsett cleats. Remember... the white / blue Converse with the fold down "mud flap" in the front on top of the laces. Sweet. One side note though... it's only acceptable to wear cleats in social situations if you're under the age of 10. Wore mine everywhere - church, school, you name it.

Quite a few years went by before I bought my Michael Jordan. Got the cheap version though. Didn't wear it much. Also never did buy the kicks to match.

And finally (unless I'm forgetting one) Ryne Sandberg. Grew up in Texas watching the Cubs on WGN. Loved Ryno. Got the Sandberg jersey just before a trip to Wrigley after graduating high school. It's classic. Timeless. Always will be. No name on the back... just #23.

All of that said...
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh seem to be the most "jersey crazy" sports fans I've ever come across. Ever been to a Steelers game at Heinz? Kids, adults, old people...it's unbeleivable.
I'll put a good jersey on my boys. Not sure how cool it is these days for their old man.

No comments:

FOX19.com Sports Headlines