FOX19 Sports: Cincinnati's Sports Leader

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cy-Clone Me a Fan

Count me as one of those "playoff hockey fans." You know, the sports fan who loves to watch compelling, meaningful games? Well, what gets better than overtime hockey in the playoffs?

I used to be big into hockey. When you go to school in the Northeast, it just becomes a part of everyday living. Plus, having a college roommate who would miss an exam before missing a New York Rangers game doesn't hurt.

Now that I'm back in Cincinnati and hockey kind of on the national back-burner, I don't follow hockey like I should, but the Cincinnati Cyclones are grabbing my attention.

I played golf with head coach Chuck Weber this past summer and had a blast. Chuck is a good dude and can hit a golf ball a good 150-yards with hockey gloves on. You'll probably never get a chance to try that, so take my word for it, it's tough.

My point is this...give it up for the Cyclones. They play an exciting style of hockey and they're just flat out good. With 6 more wins, they're ECHL champions and right now, a professional championship in Cincinnati would be a rare accomplishment.

- Joe D.

No comments:

FOX19.com Sports Headlines