FOX19 Sports: Cincinnati's Sports Leader

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jerseyless in Cincinnati

Inspired by Koch's Sporting Goods giving away Cyclones tickets in exchange for Chad Johnson jerseys, I started to look through my closet tonight for the jerseys I regret having.

I almost said I regret my child-size David Robinson jersey, but that couldn't be further from the truth. The Admiral will always be my favorite player (although Kobe's making a strong run), even though I can't stand the Spurs now (that's a blog entry in itself...summed up in one word...flop).

What else do I wish I could give back in my closet? Hmmm, boy, there are some vintage jerseys in there. How about a Priest Holmes! A Jeff Blake! A Peyton Manning Tennessee Volunteers jersey? HAHA, that's a funny story. Three Carmelo jerseys, no lie. All gifts. Some random Packers jersey. It's Sterling Sharpe's number, but it was in the family before he started playing in the NFL. Ah, yes, the Troy Smith jersey. Still smells like vanilla (if you know what I'm talking about, you're laughing loudly). Three World Cup jerseys. Those are cool jerseys because you can actually wear them as a grown-up. The crown jewel? The Maurice Clarett Broncos jersey! How about that for a wedding present from a college buddy. Just what my wife wanted!!

I don't really regret any of them. Maybe, my Andy Katzenmoyer Patriots jersey. That was a gift, though. I asked a friend in Boston for a t-shirt jersey when New England drafted him, but he hooked me up with the real thing just to watch the Big Kat flop in the NFL.

What about you? Do you have any jerseys you'd like to get rid of? Does your significant other have a jersey? My wife has a Carson Palmer jersey. She feels a certain kinship because she twice tore her ACL playing sports in high school. Oh, boy, the night Carson tore his ACL she was a basket case. HAHA, I'm starting to ramble.

BG, Z-Wells, Rufus...I'd love to know what jerseys you wore back in the day.

- Joe D.

No comments:

FOX19.com Sports Headlines