FOX19 Sports: Cincinnati's Sports Leader

Monday, May 19, 2008

I Feel Your Pain

Didn't realize what a pain it is to try and post a comment on this blog until I took the time to try and do it. We'll work on that. In the meantime... thanks for your patience.
Here's what I was trying to post in response to one of our earlier comments.

Do we want Adam Dunn to be something he's not? Maybe.

First of all...
Thanks to "jimmyjaim" for checking out the blog.
And you make a good point about Dunn. He showed an all-around game this weekend that I don't think I've seen before.
Some not so surprising 440 foot bombs... but they were clutch home runs too.
How 'bout 3 strikeouts the entire homestand?
And the defense. That's right... I said defense. Dunn tracked down a couple of deep balls in the gaps in the Indians series. Also went in the stands to snare a foul ball... and played a ball off the wall to cut down a runner at second base. His arm still "looks" terrible... but it was at least effective.
Leads the team in HR and RBI but still hits .221.
Still not my favorite player... but he's been huge during the winning streak.

No comments:

FOX19.com Sports Headlines