FOX19 Sports: Cincinnati's Sports Leader

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Friendly (and full) Confines

I was in the Chicago area this weekend for a wedding and had a chance to catch my first game at Wrigley Field.

Yup, one of those "Bucket List" places I can cross off my ballparks to visit list (along with Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium).

Beautiful weather, party atmosphere and good baseball. It was a great experience. Just to watch a game played in front of a sold out crowd was energizing. From the highlights I saw, it looked like a lot of the games this weekend at GABP were packed as well because the Indians were in town.

If you're one of the fans that have watched the Reds play in front of 12,000 fans earlier this year and also experienced one or more of this weekend's games, how different did it feel? Did a full house energize the ballpark?

Now if I can just get to AT&T Park in San Francisco...

- Joe D.

No comments:

FOX19.com Sports Headlines