FOX19 Sports: Cincinnati's Sports Leader

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday Thoughts

- Josh Hamilton now has 4 home runs in 4 consecutive games...what a season!

- But, I still think the Reds did the right thing trading for pitching. Volquez is legit and...

- How about the other player in this deal...Danny Herrera? Man, that guy is small! But, what a major league debut. Striking out Howard and Burrell with the bases loaded takes you know what

- Do you have players you just for some reason don't like? I'm talking about players that are good, seem to be good people, but you just can't jive with? I added Chase Utley and Joba Chamberlain to my list today. No major reason why. They seem like cool people and are great athletes. I just don't like Utley's swing...and I wish someone would bend Joba's hat bill...and get him a new number

- Who would've thought Aaron Harang would be 2-8? Man, I chalked up 14-16 wins for that guy before the season started

- I have a feeling Homer Bailey is going to pitch well this season. Just a hunch.

- Has anyone else noticed Ryan Freel's bubble blowing? Well, it's actually not bubble blowing all the time, but he always lets his wad of gum hang on when he's making a big play. The dash home on Saturday...gum out. The diving catch on Tuesday...gum out. When he hurt his hamstring...gum out. Just a random observation.

- Sweet, 300 is on...

- Chad......the back-pedaling begins...

- I'm having a heated debate with a college buddy about future Hall of Famers. He thinks Jeff Kent is a first ballot lock and Chipper Jones is an "eventually gets in" Hall of Famer. His argument is Kent produced his numbers as a 2nd baseman. That's fine, Kent will get in, but Chipper is just a better baseball player and will be a first ballot HOFer. Kent should lose a few votes for the 'stache, too.

- Alright...time to get my Leonidas on...

- Joe D.

No comments:

FOX19.com Sports Headlines