FOX19 Sports: Cincinnati's Sports Leader

Friday, March 28, 2008

Biggest Shot in X History?

I'm sitting in my room here in Phoenix, the day winding down, thinking, "was B.J. Raymond shot(s) the biggest in XU history"?

X fans will argue Lenny Brown's buzzer beater to knock off #1 UC on their home court in 1996, but given the magnitude of Thursday's game against West Virginia, it's a pretty tough argument.

I hope you caught my interview with Stanley Burrell on the 10 O'clock News Thursday night. I hoped to interview B.J., but deadlines are deadlines and Raymond had a pack of about 10 reporters around him. Anyway, I asked Burrell if this means "the computer" (what B.J. calls himself for his sometimes mechanical shooting efficiency) was back on-line. Stanley joked, "we took the computer to Best Buy and re-worked the hard drive."

Saturday's game against UCLA has all the makings of a great one. It's been several weeks since Xavier's played as an underdog. I think they're going to relish the opportunity to play one of the nation's best on one of the biggest stages as the "hunters" instead of the "hunted".

- Joe D.

No comments:

FOX19.com Sports Headlines